Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mac-like Docks on Windows

Operating System used for this Topic: Windows Vista Home Basic

Just to let you know, I plan on getting a iMac Book Pro and am a Mac lover, so this is towards that.

I have been looking at the Mac-like docks for a while and have been customizing, adding and removing docklets, changing themes, etc. I have downloaded mulitple different Mac-like Docks which are RocketDock, ObjectDock, and RKLauncher. And I have came to realize that ObjectDock is the best one out of all.

RocketDock

I had a couple problems with this one. I would guess that anyone that even installs any Dock wants full customization of it. Well, that is what it gave me, but... holy moly. A friggin lot of problems on this bugger with my OS. The minimized windows wouldn't show a preview of even an icon, and it kept on resetting itself from failure of starting up. So this one was not for me.


RKLauncher

This one gave me a couple problems too. Can't remember exactly, but I believe it was similar to RocketDock's problems.

ObjectDock

I havn't really fallen into any problems with this one at all. It runs well, it associates the icons with the minimized windows in the dock and loves the customization settings in this one too. The reason why I uninstalled it the first time is because I couldn't find the Mac OS X Leopard Theme for it. So, i did some research and found out that RocketDock was the one that is involved in the Windows Vista Transformation to Mac OS X Leopard. But, RocketDock was giving be a ugly load of problems. So, after I had tried all these Docks, I finally found the Mac OS X Leopard Theme for Object Dock. Ugh.


Here is a couple links for the Object Dock Mac OS X Leopard Theme just in case you want it. : D



Also, as I was going through all these docks, I wanted and found the Stacks Docklet. (image) There is one for RocketDock but is also usable in ObjectDock. Download it here .

How to add Docklets to ObjectDock (Coming Soon)


記憶科学技術。どうもありがと。

0 comments: